"To journey without being changed is to be a nomad.

To change without journeying is to be a chameleon.

To journey and to be transformed by the journey is to be a pilgrim." -Mark Nepo

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

La Photo du Jour: Hats for Sale


Photo taken in Strasbourg, France in January 2012.
During dry weather, this hat store displayed some of their wares on outdoor racks.

I love the look of a hat... on someone else, that is.  Between my mass of unruly hair and the necessity that I wear glasses, I have always felt that a hat is just too much for me to pull off fashionably.  I am thankful that many French people don't share my timidity for wearing les chapeaux.  Not only could I live vicariously through others sporting their jaunty headgear, I could also window shop to my heart's content at Strasbourg's many hat stores.


No comments:

Post a Comment