"To journey without being changed is to be a nomad.

To change without journeying is to be a chameleon.

To journey and to be transformed by the journey is to be a pilgrim." -Mark Nepo

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

La Photo du Jour: Petals Falling from the Sky


I was in the Petite France area of Strasbourg doing some shopping.  As I was looking at a window display I felt something drop on my head.  I had a moment of dread thinking of all the pigeons that frequent the city.  Hesitantly I put my hand up to my hair and pulled out what had fallen on me.  Thankfully, I was holding a spent geranium flower.  That wasn't as bad as what I had imagined.  I looked up and saw a lady pruning her window boxes.  More red petals dropped down around me.  I don't think that she ever noticed I there.

P.S.  Look at the underside of the balcony above the lady.  It has 1887 written on it.  That is a pretty young building by Strasbourg standards.

No comments:

Post a Comment